Yes, it happened, our sweet baby turned one. I honestly can't remember too many things, except I think he had two teeth but was cutting 4-6 more. His gums were so swollen, you could really see the little tooth buds trying to get through.
Lars LOVED being in his high chair and the center of attention as we sang to him. He loves music and gets his groove on dancing more than the girls did at that age. As soon as we started singing he got really still and smiled and just loved the sound of it. Of course, our chunky monkey loved his cake. I'd like to say that that's the first sugar he'd ever had - but that would be a huge lie. At the tender age of one, he had already had lots and lots of sugar.
We were in Utah right before his birthday and my brother took these adorable photos of him so we could document his one year mark. I think this rocking chair was my grandpa's when he was a little boy!
I had to sneak in this photo I took around this time period. Lars had been reminding me of someone and I realized one day it was Duckie from Pretty in Pink, ha ha!
The birthday boy! His sisters love him very much.
Since I can't remember exactly what he was doing at one year old, I will say that he started walking at 14 months, so he was definitely still crawling. He is and was such a happy and cuddly little boy. I keep saying it over and over, but he gives the best loves and just loves to snuggle, snuggle, snuggle. He loves wrestling with Ryan and the girls. I'm always surprised with how much more physical he is about everything than the girls were - he loves to do a deadfall onto the bed or couch and is an amazing climber. He's gotten into so many messes, but I can't be mad when I see his little mug. I really don't think he wants to make mischief, but he is just so darn curious about everything. One of his favorite things is switches and buttons of every kind. You can well imagine how much he is loving the remote control for the Christmas tree lights right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment