Willa, forgetting how much she hated staying late after school last year, begged and begged to do Dragon Dancers again. I think a lot of the problem last year was boredom because she would be after school almost two hours and I don't know how much of her time was spent working on her actual dance. I emailed the dance teacher before and explained my concerns and she said they were going to do things a little differently to hopefully avoid some of that this go around. So... Willa did it and complained a little, but overall she liked it. It was Wednesdays until 5 p.m. Ryan had to come home early on Wednesdays anyway for Scouts, so he would swing by and pick Willa up. Score! Anything to avoid a drive, for me. (On Tuesdays when I teach piano, Willa gets a ride home with Gunnar because he happens to be my first student. So for three months I didn't have any pick-ups on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons, double score!)
This year they did Charlotte's Web and Willa will tell you that she really wanted to be a Web Weaver, but she got put with the rats and was a very cute rat, if I do say so myself. I think this is the only photo I have, but so cute. I love the top hat (she hated it!).
June and I have been going to the park in our old neighborhood with some of our old friends and it has been very soothing for the soul. I miss these ladies and little girls a lot. No fear, we decided that once these cute kids start Kindergarten that we are going to do a monthly lunch group together so we can still see each other. Since Las Vegas is pretty restaurant heavy, hopefully we will get to try some fun places and not resort to McDonalds every time, ha ha!
 |
| Emi, Lyla, Annie, June |
June also got invited to a Build a Bear birthday party in December too.
The girls were all so cute. And yay, one more stuffed animal for their
room, eek.
No comments:
Post a Comment