Saturday, January 20, 2018

Classroom Doors and Halloween

 Here are the two Fall doors I did, obviously not in chronological order. The Halloween door says "What's brewing in 1st Grade?" and the kids' names are on the bubbles. The Thanksgiving door says "Gobble + Gobble = Gobble Gobble" the kids names are on the leaves and they have written one thing they are thankful for. I had so much fun doing the doors! Another room mom and I planned out the December door, but our schedules didn't match up so she went in on her own to put it up. It turned out super cute. And the best part is that I got a print-out from the school of my volunteer hours this week and I've already got 35! (30 hours is what is required.)

Funny unrelated photo of Lars wearing this sweet little knit outfit from my aunt Debbie. It was so sweet and adorable and the pants would come up high over his fat belly, old man style.

 For Halloween there was really no other discussion other than that Lars would be Elvis. He was so perfect for it and I even found a little mini microphone on Amazon! Willa and June changed several times with each party that they went to. Halloween night was a ballerina fairy princess and Princess Aurora....I think.


This summer I found myself with six piano students. The older kids were all learning a Star Wars song, so I thought it would be fun if we planned a costumed Star Wars piano recital around Halloween. It was so fun! The kids were really excited about their pieces and most of them dressed up. A friend in the ward even used some connections to find me a Princess Leia costume!


 One of my students had just gotten this new gorgeous grand piano so his mom volunteered their house for the recital. It was AMAZING. The dad is a PI attorney with his own firm and in the mom's words "He's done VERY well." ha ha. We're so glad that they shared their beautiful home with the rest of us plebeians!

And one last hilarious photo of Lars as Elvis. The look on his face is perfect, even though the photo is blurry. And I just love the tight little jumpsuit over his fat belly. Very realistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment