Saturday, June 24, 2017

Baby Shower!

I was looking through photos and realized I missed posting about a lot of fun things. Rebecca and Shannon were so sweet to throw me a baby shower for Lars. They, of course, threw the ultimate bash when I was pregnant with Willa. This time, Shannon had the fantastic, amazing, awesome idea to hold it at a mani-pedi salon.

I was about 34 weeks pregnant, I think, and getting very big. Shannon and Scarlett flew in for the event and at the last moment I decided to bring Willa and June along too. I'm SO glad I did. They had no idea what a mani-pedi was or what to expect. They were beyond thrilled and loved it so so so much. Willa asked if she could come back a lot more, and Shannon said, "Of course, you just ask your Aunt Rebecca and she'll take you whenever you want to go." Ha ha, but really - it's the truth.

 I love these two cousins together! They are only three months apart.


Okay, so it's not the most flattering picture of me - but I'm hugely pregnant!
 My mom and sister came down for it and I invited a few friends from my old ward, my new ward, and other places in between.

 The girls were very helpful at the present unwrapping portion of the party. Actually, the salon was trying to boot us out because they were opening for general customers in just a few minutes. We probably should've scrapped the public opening of gifts. People were very nice and sweet with their presents for Lars.
 We finished it off by taking a dip in our still chilly pool. At this point, it was still March and the weather was very nice and temperate. But we've found if we keep the solar cover on for enough sunny consecutive days it can warm the pool up to a survivable level. The problem with springtime is that the wind is constantly blowing the cover off :).

No comments:

Post a Comment