Sunday, April 2, 2017

Disneyland, pt. 3

For our third day, Shannon and Scarlett came down to meet us. It was very crowded and a little hot, but we managed to do a few things together. The princesses was definitely a highlight. The line was long, but once we got inside the girls got some nice one-on-one time with the princesses and LOVED it.
 As I wrote earlier, the girls LOVE Elena and when she happened to be on of the princesses there, they were on cloud nine.
 My favorite part was when Ariel was talking to them. She asked if any of them liked to swim and if they ever pretended to be mermaids. Willa was totally into it and immediately said, "Yes! I have a mermaid fin that I wear in the pool every time!" Then Ariel asked them all the colors of their fins and Willa responded. It was just so cute and innocent.
 That night we met my family and did all the Bug's Life stuff in California Adventure. Most of it was just the right pace for the girls and I wish we would have had time to do it before. Carrie's kids got June a little birthday bubble wand as a present. She's opening it in the photo below. We had seen these ALL around the park the past few days so she was very excited to have her own.
 We capped the night off with one more ride on Small World. It was getting late and I think it was our third Small World of the day, so we were getting tired. But it was fun because it was the first and last time Carrie's family, us, and my parents were all together.
After the ride, I meant to go straight back to the hotel, but the Electrical parade was JUST starting. It seemed too sad to not stay and watch. Plus, I'd showed the girls videos of it at home in preparation. They really enjoyed it and at one point, one of the workers grabbed the girls and took them to the very front so they could wave and curtsy as Alice in Wonderland passed by. She looked and waved right at them. It was such a sweet little thing and one of the types of things that makes Disneyland special.

We got home after a very late night. Both girls fell asleep in the stroller and stayed asleep as we transferred them into bed. Willa even fell off the bed in the middle of the night (we scooped her up and put her back on) and had no memory of it the next day when we asked her. The next morning we cleaned up and headed out.

It was really a great trip. I'd say that the crowds really surprised me. We purposely planned the trip after President's Day but before Spring Breaks started, and on a Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. I thought the parks would be fairly empty and enjoyable. Instead, it was probably the second busiest I have ever been there in my entire life. We never even really got to Adventureland or Frontierland. The crowds made getting over there pretty taxing and we just wanted to do what the girls were most interested in - thus, LOTS of Dumbo rides and Fantasyland :). When we were driving home, it was actually a little relieving not to be walking over with the crowds and waiting in line to get in. But looking back, all we really remember are the happy memories and I'm so so glad we could finally take the girls there and that we could go before we are back in the baby season of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment