Man, oh man, I'm going to have my work cut out for me with little Junie. I've been working on blogging about the cruise, but I've got to take a break and first post a couple of hilarious (and sneaky!) things she has been saying and doing around here.
She's very bright, but her intelligence might not always be directed in the best manner. She keeps me on my toes with the knowledge that she scrapes up, though. A few weeks ago we were taking about bathing suits in the car and she somehow told me that you could also call it a bathing costume, like Peppa Pig!
Last week, I was playing with her and let her sit at the harp for a few minutes. I showed her how to play a glissando and said the word just once or twice to her. The next day she wanted to sit at the harp again and without any prompting said, "Mommy, is this the biggando?" She just remembers things so sharply. Weeks after we had turned our passport documents into the post office, she offhand asked if we had our "pasaports for our trip."
Again last week we were driving in the car and my lane started to slow down. She asked me what was happening and I told her we were slowing down. She said, "Oh, are we going 'Dagio?" I didn't quite understand her so she said again, "'Dagio, like in my Einsteins!" Ha ha, "Yes, Junie, we are going Adagio." Then she gets this kind of self-satisfied smirk that I can hear in her voice and says, "Yes, 'dagio means slow."
On Saturday morning she and Willa were playing really well, but after a while Willa wanted to play by herself which is totally normal, but June was pretty upset about it. She kept wanting to go in and I said, "No, we need to leave Willa alone. She wants to be alone right now." Well, a few minutes later I was cleaning up the kitchen and June comes in all innocent holding a hair rubber band and said, "Oh no, Mommy, we need to put this away! We need to put this in the bathroom and clean up!" Well, the sneaky girl knew that the bathroom is attached to Willa's room, so if she could find a reason to get into the bathroom, she would get to Willa's room. What a sneak! I could barely keep myself from laughing at that one.
Finally, I wouldn't be surprised if this queen bee ended up being a Mean Girl in school. We joke that there is a little nursery squad going on (like Taylor Swift's squad). When I dropped her off at nursery yesterday, Ryan was with me and asked, "Who is that girl hugging her?" I looked and saw another girl, Quinn, who hugged her and then showed off her dress. According to Quinn's mom, they show off their dresses to each other when they get to nursery each week! Sometimes when I ask who she played with she will say, "Quinn! And no one else!" She actually is friends with a lot of the little girls there, but it's funny that she and Quinn have developed this ritual where they hug and then show off their pretty dresses to each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment