Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Christmas!

I'm behind posting everything because we've been gone on our amazing DISNEY CRUISE!!! That's all I'll say about it right now. First, I must post about Christmas.

We had a nice quiet Christmas Eve with just us. It was still sweet and special and fun with the little girls. I was planning to have hamburgers because I thought the best Christmas gift I could receive was having no one complain about dinner, boo yeah. At the last second I decided that hamburgers weren't quite special or exciting enough since we have them about once a week (see previous comment on no one complaining about dinner). So I ran to the store on Christmas Eve, got some bread bowls, and made a creamy soup. The girls turned their noses up for about 30 seconds, then got a kick of eating soup out of the bread bowl, filled up mostly on bread, and we all left the table happy.

Christmas Eve
 We talked about the Savior's birth and then read the Polar Express, which was a family tradition of mine growing up. We put the girls to bed, but then got them up two minutes later to allow them to open one present on Christmas Eve, which was one of Ryan's family traditions. It was very fun.

Santa doesn't wrap presents at our house. Here is what it looked like when Santa finished. When the girls woke up, they played with their Santa gifts for a while, we ate breakfast, and then opened the wrapped presents. It's a nice way to extend the morning. The girls were pretty happy about their lot, June was going crazy about having her very own princess water bottle (it attaches to the front of the scooter). She's happy that her water bottle came with a scooter :).
 Willa got a scooter, the new Elephant and Piggie book, Anna's coronation gown, and a bow and arrow toy that we had seen at a store earlier in the month and that she loved. June got her scooter, a Peppa Pig playhouse, some play dinosaurs, and the book Harry and His Bucketful of Dinosaurs because she has been obsessed with the t.v. show. Then they each got a slinky, which might have been the best gift of the morning. For me, it seemed a little small, but other years I feel like we've been overwhelmed with stuff so we wanted to try and keep it to a minimum this year. Once they opened their wrapped gifts, it seemed like a good balance.


Breakfast is over! Now for the presents.

Playing with new gifts.
 

Rebecca and Brandon came for Christmas dinner. We also had the Collins family come over. Bobby Collins went to high school with Ryan and he and his family just moved out here with the AF to work at Nellis. We didn't get a photo of everyone, but it was a nice Christmasy gathering. They have two little girls who are two years old and about five months. It's weird to be the one with older kids (though mine are just a tad older). Seeing them was like seeing us two years go.

Rebecca brought her gifts over that evening and Willa was ecstatic to unwrap the last My Little Pony to complete her collection and ROLLERSKATES! She went wild and gave Rebecca a big hug. Here she is the next day skating around. They are just the beginner ones that go over her shoes, so the skating isn't great, but she has been wanting some for soooo long. And I just realized that this isn't an actual video clip. It's the image of a video clip. So just imagine.

1 comment:

  1. What fun and what cute girls- HOWEVER I AM A LITTLE PREDJUDICED

    ReplyDelete