Finally a week later, it was her turn. Ryan started with her while I stayed with June, but I took over after a bit. Ice skating with a child is a labor of love. It probably took us 30 minutes to get around the tiny rink once, but slowly and surely she got used to the feeling and movement and was doing much better. She was in absolute heaven and wanted to stay out forever. She got brave enough to even skate a little without holding onto anything. There were a couple of hard spills, but she loved it. The next day at preschool she drew a picture of us skating at the rink with the Christmas tree in the background. She was so excited to show me the picture, it was adorable. She is dying to go again, but next time I think we will try to find an indoor, less touristy and expensive rink. It was fun for the experience, but now can go the cheapy route :).






No comments:
Post a Comment