It's so great to be almost five! I was wondering if I should get five-year-old pictures done for Willa this year. I kind of liked the idea, but I didn't want to pay a lot of money or have it be a big hassle. Why did these fancy photos become so popular? Let's go back to the day when we just went down to the elementary school as a family on picture day and got our family Lifetouch photo. So much easier, and cheaper!
The night before I was going to drive up to Utah, I had an idea. My older sister's friend is a photographer and lives in Richfield. It's a little out of the way, but not too bad if we were already making the drive. She was offering $30 mini session for back to school, which is about the price I'm willing to pay.
I texted her in the morning as I was frantically packing up the car to see if she could fit us in on our way back through next week. She was leaving to Italy the very next day, but said if we could come today on our way up, she would do the photos. So, I hurriedly packed an extra small bag just with nice clothes of the pictures, hair brush, squirt bottle (for hair), bows, and anything else we might need. I put it on the passenger seat of the car and we were off.
Her house was about four hours into the trip, so the perfect place to rest and take a break. Plus it's a total farming community, so after we did the photos the girls had lots of space to run around, horses to pet, and chickens to look at. It was a last minute idea, but I'm so glad we did it. I think the pictures are adorable. I decided to have her do June too, because, why not. It's nice to have some good individual photos of the girls.
The only bummer was that I knew we couldn't use her black-framed glasses because of the transition lenses. They are my favorite glasses normally. I brought her other pair, but we had to do quite a few without those ones too because of the glare. She still looks cute, but I swear I can see that wonky eye. Plus, glasses are who she is to me right now.
Don't you just love them? I could just die at some of their expressions. Ryan says they are "okay" and admitted that he didn't like their hair. It's how I do their hair every day, though, so I guess I need to work on that. I think they look adorable - especially with no planning ahead of time - and I'm glad we could get some good photos celebration almost-5 and 2 1/2.







He's a mirthless misanthrope.
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful! Both the girls and the photos. If we're in the same time zone sometime soon I'd love to take pictures of your girls. They are very photogenic and unspoiled by the camera. (Mine run away when they see me coming . . .) I think it's nice to have both the snapshots of real life and the pretty ones to celebrate.
ReplyDelete