Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Willa's NEW new haircut

We went up to Utah last week for a wedding of a USC friend. I drove up to my brother's in St. George after church on Mother's Day. My parents were there and we had a nice evening, then we all drove up to Centerville together on Monday. It was very nice to split the trip up and especially to have grandma with us for the long leg of the journey! I also recommend Scipio as a rest stop on the way up. There is a little petting zoo and a Dairy Queen attached to the gas station. Get some gas, pet some animals, and then get a little ice cream cone as you get back into the car (after washing your hands). It's also a little more than 2/3rds of the way to Centerville (if you're coming from Vegas). Two-thirds is a magic number, they've done studies about how work days or meetings seem shorter if you break closer to the two-thirds mark instead of half-way.

I spent the week in Utah with the girls and then Ryan flew in on Friday night for the wedding on Saturday. One of the first things on my list was to get us all haircuts. Willa came with me to our curly salon. I can't recommend enough getting your hair cut by someone who actually knows how to cut it. He took some inches off of mine and gave Willa a cute bob. There are a few holes in hers because some of the hair was quite short in some places. She did a great job of sitting still and only needed a few pep talks and reminders that it wouldn't hurt.




The next day, I took June into my mom's regular salon for a trim. I would have liked to take her to my place, but since I was planning to leave it long, and just wanted a little trim, and her curl hasn't really settled in since she still has a lot of fine baby hair, I decided to save a few bucks. The cut is okay, but it really reminded me of why I love curly cuts so much. I just hate when people wet your hair down to cut it. You never go out with wet hair, that's not the "done" look, so why would you cut it that way? You should cut it while it's dry so you can see how it hangs and falls. So, June's hair is totally even on the bottom now whenever she's all wet and in the bathtub, but during the other 23 hours of the day it still looks a little scatty-wompus because some of the hair curls and waves differently when it's dry. I'm not sure where I'll go for her next haircut.

She did look adorable sitting in the chair, though, and Willa worked hard giving her encouraging words and sometimes bossing her around to keep her head in a certain place.


She started out very brave, but started to get a little nervous towards the end. It was a little confusing to her. Still, it's a lot more even on the end and thicker since we got rid of some scraggles. Here's to new haircuts, I think all three of us are looking pretty good.
 

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since I've been on your blog, and your girls are looking so grown up! They're beautiful. We miss you guys! We'll be in Utah July 17-26. Any chance we might overlap?

    ReplyDelete