June talks, talks, talks, talks, TALKS! She repeats the last word of everything you say to her. The last two months she has been working hard to string two and three words together. She surprises me always with what she has observed and picked up. For example, in preschool two days ago we talked about whales. Today, there was a whale on Sesame Street and she immediately called out to me its name. Yesterday Willa was riding bikes out front with some neighborhood boys. One of the boys got called home and June came up to me and said, "Where Naphan (Nathan) go?" I barely remembered his name, but she knew it!
June has become quite the couch potato and loves television now that her attention span is a little longer. Her favorites are Elmo, Bo on the Go, and Daniel Tiger. When I'm searching for the shows on Netflix she will call out, "Tiger, 'ere are you?" She will call out this phrase at the grocery store for whatever food we are looking for. "Yogurt, 'ere a you?"
June loves her big teddy and also demands to be spoon fed her breakfast/lunch/dinner from teddy while watching a show. She's the Queen of Sheba. I've put up with it because it was the only way, but now she is getting incrementally better with food so hopefully we can be back at the table soon. I should add that I don't mind her not eating, I'm not trying to force food into a child who isn't hungry. She is actually extremely hungry in these situations and just stubborn enough to have a major tantrum and go to bed hungry (and then wake me up in the middle of the night) rather than to eat what and where she doesn't want to. For my own sanity, I've just had to give in. Now that she is more vocal, it's a little amusing. I sat her down with us at the table for dinner, she looked down at what I had put on her plate and said, "No."
Here is a little photo from our trip to Utah last week. She's a joy to be around and a terror too. She's also still the prettiest little girl and her hair is halfway down her back.

We too are in the throws of a toddler eating on the run. Kate hates her high chair and refuses to eat while in it. Parker went through this phase and I wish I could remember when it ends.
ReplyDeleteLove her sweet little face. Happy birthday, June!
Happy birthday, June!!
ReplyDelete