This amazing new park opened up a few miles from our house. It is amazing and has all kinds of playground equipment that I had never seen before. My friend took this photo and it cracks me up. I love Willa's little arm up on the side of the car. Rollin' with the church homies, for sure.
That photo is unrelated to the current stress of the moment. I've got a dirty kitchen downstairs, a million things to do, and I'm a little stressed, so of course, I'm blogging.
Willa is scheduled to get the rods out of her arm tomorrow, yay!! It was an ordeal to schedule the surgery, she should have had them out last week, but since we were changing insurance with Ryan's new job, we pushed it back a week to give the doctor's office and hospital time to process it all. Then, the nurse called and said that they were moving her from a Tuesday 9 a.m. surgery to a Thursday 11 a.m. surgery. Of course, you can eat or drink anything eight hours before surgery, so Willa wouldn't be able to have anything all morning. Has anyone had a toddler who deals well with being hungry? I sure haven't. I was tossing and turning all night worrying about how I would deal with Willa when the day came. I was worried she would sneak food or just have a huge fit. Plus, June would be eating and it would be really hard for Willa. So I called the nurse and begged in my nicest voice explaining what a monster Willa would be if she had to wait that long for the surgery. So, the nurse nicely called around and switched the location of the surgery so now it is in a different place but at 8 a.m. Apparently, it's hard to schedule something at the end of the year because they are crowded from people meeting their deductible. Thankfully that was all settled.
THEN, this morning a mom in our preschool co-op casually mentioned on Facebook that her daughter woke up with the barfies at 3 a.m. Since Willa had preschool with this girl at their house just yesterday, I am a stress case. I'm so worried that she's going to get it and we're going to have to cancel the surgery. There's nothing I can do about it now, so of course I sit and stew. I need to do some relaxation to calm myself. June got the stomach sickies and we had to cancel our Utah trip, so now I know from experience that bad things can and do happen! Hopefully, everything will go well, but for now I'm just stewing about Willa's behavior tonight and if it was the norm or if it seemed like she is coming down with it. That's our news! Hopefully you'll hear a happy surgery story tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment