I mean, could this baby be any cuter? I posted one of these on FB already, but they were just all so cute, I needed to put them on the blog for forever.
June could not be any cuter, but she could definitely be a little sweeter. She is so sweet to me, but she has developed a real antipathy towards being held by Ryan most of the time. She'll go in spurts when it's okay, but lately it seems she is getting worse. Or, maybe her temper is just increasing? Her screams are shrill and you can tell very much that she is ANGRY, not sad, tired, sick, etc. She's mad, MAD! So even though I love all the sweet little cuddles she gives me and how she lays her head on my shoulder and sighs and murmurs with contentment, sometimes I wish she could share a little love with her daddy. At first I thought maybe it was just all strangers, but then she has gravitated towards and allowed herself to be held by some women at church, Rebecca, and a few others. Ryan and I wonder if she's just starting to dislike men! The women she allows to hold her all have dark brown hair too, so I wonder if that is comforting to her because it looks more like me. I don't know, all I know is that she is so adorable, but a real stinker-pants sometimes.
June also gets very MAD in the middle of the night if she doesn't get picked up when she wants to. We go through good spurts of 1-2 weeks of solid 10-12 hour sleep at night. Then she'll get sick or something and she gets off. Then we have to start the sleep training all over. Ear plugs are my new best friend because most of the time she will go back to sleep for several more hours. Call me a bad mother.
She still very much loves Willa and has lots of laughs and smiles for her. They are starting to get along a little better now and it's very cute. Most of the time, though, when she smiles at Willa, Willa responds by grunting and yelling, "That makes me so ANGRY!!!" I'm so glad that Daniel Tiger has given her the appropriate words to express her feelings :).
Lastly, June very much wants to crawl, but not enough to actually do it. She'll get up on all fours for quite a while and eventually cry because she's not quite sure how to make it happen. If she put as much effort into crawling as she does into flipping over when I lay her on the changing table, then we'd be in real trouble.
Here's a little video Ryan took when he was getting her out of bed. A rare moment of smile for him, probably because he thought she had just woken up so he went in to get her, but really I had just laid her down. Stinker, got out of that last nap!

Seriously one of the cutest babies EVER! Look at that smile! How do you ever get anything done during the day?
ReplyDeletePaul decided to do the implant course in May instead of January, so I'll keep you updated.