Thursday, November 15, 2012

Mud Run

The high school was holding a 5k mud run, so Ryan thought it would be fun to participate. It was a loop, so Willa and I positioned ourselves to watch him cross the climbing net. We snacked on water and pretzels.


Sadly, he had to wait a few minutes because two girls were stuck at the top and too scared to come down. "I seriously think I pulled a muscle. You guys, I pulled a muscle!"

Ryan still got first in his heat and age group and second overall. Go Ryan! He tried to get a picture with Willa, but she wasn't interested.
It was a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. I realized it was the first race since we've been dating that we haven't both run! I've never seen Ryan cross the finish line before, so exciting! Actually, he got there a little sooner than Willa's wandering legs were carrying her. So he crossed, and I came running with Willa to bestow a winner's kiss a few seconds later. I was a little sad not to be participating with him, it has always been so much fun doing the races together. When I say "together" I mean that we drive together and he cheers me on as I cross the finish line 20 minutes after him.

1 comment:

  1. One of the first things I want to do after having the baby is a mud run. It looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete