The Young Women are at Girls Camp this week. Since the camp is run on a stake level, I just had to convince the Bishop to call a camp director and I was able to get out of attending!!! Actually, I wouldn't have minded going if I had someone (like a grandma) to watch Willa for four days. The girls slept in air conditioned cabins and had a cafeteria and swimming pool. We had a record number of girls attending this year: EIGHT!!!
The camp is only 30 minutes away, so on the first night, they invited ward YW and RS leaders to meet up for dinner and some fun. It was good to go up and see what everyone was doing.
Enjoying delicious dinner of cold cut sandwiches and cheetos.
Our ward name was the 'Dream Beams'. There was an Olympic theme and the name was sort of a combination of Sunbeams and Dream Team. Don't think too hard, just enjoy it, it's girls camp. They made me a camp shirt!
We really do have the most adorable first and second year girls. Who else will unashamedly tell you that they "absolutely, one hundred-percent LOVE Taylor Swift!!!!" (insert Justin Bieber, One Direction)
No comments:
Post a Comment